Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Pecan-Crusted Boneless Strips with Chimayo Red Chile Sauce
- 1 hrPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (8 oz.) Boneless Strips4 (8 oz.) Boneless Strips 922WZA
Reg. $89.99 I Now Only $49.99
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons mild or medium pure red chile powder, preferably Chimayo
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground cumin
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon butter, optional
- 4 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks, about 8 ounces each and 7/8-inch thick
- 1 cup pecan pieces, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 red Serrano or small red jalapeno chiles for garnish
- Grill the tomatoes over indirect medium-high heat, turning often, until the skins are somewhat cracked and partly blackened, about 15 minutes. (Do not overcook or they will taste bitter.)
- Remove, coarsely chop (do not peel), and transfer to a blender.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small skillet and sauté the garlic and onion over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the blender and add the chile powder, oregano, cumin, and stock. Puree until smooth.
- Strain into a clean saucepan, bring to a simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in the butter and keep warm.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the pecans, oil, mustard, honey, and salt in a shallow bowl or dish and whisk gently to mix well.
- Set aside.
- Lightly season the steaks with salt (if desired) and pepper and grill over direct medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a roasting pan and spread the crust over the top of each steak. Finish under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes for medium-rare, 4 minutes for medium, or to the desired doneness.
- Ladle the sauce onto serving plates, top with the steaks, crust-side up, and garnish each steak with a chile.