1 hrMarinade Time
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
- 4 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron steaks
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup prepared non-creamy Caesar dressing
- 1-1/2 pounds small unpeeled round red potatoes (about 1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 1/2 small lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine lettuce hearts
- 1/4 cup prepared non-creamy Caesar dressing
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup dressing in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 to 60 minutes.
- Place potatoes in shallow microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water.
- Cover and microwave on HIGH 7 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile grate 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel and squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Cool potatoes slightly; cut lengthwise into quarters. Combine potatoes, lemon juice and lemon peel in medium bowl; toss.
- Add 1/4 cup dressing and salt and pepper; toss.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook top blade steaks 10 to 12 minutes (chuck eye steaks 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Remove from skillet; let rest 5 minutes.
- Remove tough connective tissue from center of top blade steaks; carve steaks into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine lettuce and 1/4 cup dressing in large bowl; toss.
- Place lettuce on platter; top with beef and potatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Garnish with lemon.