Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Pacific Rim Beef Salad with Sesame-Ginger Dressing
- 1 hrMarinade Time
- 45 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (10 oz.) Boneless Strips4 (10 oz.) Boneless Strips 593WZH
Now Only $112.00
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese plum sauce
- 1 small Serrano chile, seeded and minced, or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne chile powder
- 2 Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Sirloin Steaks, about 10 ounces each
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup julienned pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small head Bibb, Butter or Mizuna lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 bunch watercress, stemmed
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 scallions, sliced on a diagonal
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced on a diagonal
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Thoroughly combine all the marinade ingredients in a large dish.
- Turn the steaks in the marinade and cover the dish with plastic wrap.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour, turning the steaks once.
- Or, alternatively, refrigerate overnight (in which case, bring to room temperature before sautéing).
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until emulsified. Set aside.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry.
- Heat a dry, heavy sauté pan or skillet and sear the steaks over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side, until just medium-rare.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and let rest.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together with the dressing in a large mixing bowl.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium-high heat for 45 seconds to 1 minute, tossing continuously, until golden brown and shiny.
- To serve, cut the steaks into thin slices. Place a mound of tossed salad in the center of each serving plate and top with the steaks slices. Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top and serve.