New York Cheesecake with Jim Beam Black® Bourbon Sauce
309Recipe categories: Desserts
- 5 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 Individual New York Cheesecakes4 Individual New York Cheesecakes 2313WZB
Reg. $24.99 I Now Only $12.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks Individual New York Cheesecakes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 pound Butter
- 1 Jumbo Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Heavy Cream
- 1/3 cup Jim Beam Black® Bourbon
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- Melt butter in thick bottom sauce pot.
- Add sugar to melted butter and stir over medium heat.
- Heat mixture until soft ball stage or until it reaches 235-245°F using a candy thermometer. (the sugar has turned to a liquid form and is starting to bubble around the edges.)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk egg and cream together with a whip and set aside.
- Carefully add bourbon to sugar mixture while stirring. Cook 2 for about 2 minutes or until you are back to the soft ball stage. (you will start to see bubbles around the edge of the pan)
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the hot sugar mixture to the egg mixture and whip together.
- Add the egg mixture slowly back to the bourbon sugar mixture, while whisking vigorously. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and strain mixture through a fine strainer. Season with sea salt.
- To serve, ladle a generous serving of bourbon sauce over each cheesecake.
Sign up for...
Omaha Steaks Emails
new products, unique daily deals and so much more!