There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Mexican Wedding Cookies (Polvorones)
212Recipe categories: Desserts
- 15 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
- 8 ounces butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans, ground
- 1/4 cup tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1-3/4 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together butter and sugar using a mixer.
- Beat in remaining ingredients except flour, cinnamon and the last 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- Slowly add flour 1/2 cup at a time until fully incorporated. Do not over beat.
- Form dough into small balls (1 level tablespoon each).
- Place balls on lightly greased cookie sheet, slightly press them down using two fingers.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix together remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon.
- While cookies are still warm, roll in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve cookies or store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.4