Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer
- 2 hrsMarinade Time
- 15 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
- 4 to 8Servings
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks 1582WZA
Reg. $77.99 I Now Only $39.99
- 2 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 1 cup thick-and-chunky salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 24 large corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours. Combine remaining 1/2 cup salsa and chopped cilantro, as desired; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grill, turning occasionally.
For medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness:
Charcoal: Grill over medium, ash-covered coals, uncovered, 10 to 14 minutes.
Gas: Grill over medium heat on preheated grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; cut slices into bite-size pieces. Arrange chips on platter. Top each chip evenly with reserved salsa mixture, beef and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff