There are 2 Omaha Steaks stores in your area.
Grilled Lumberjack Steaks with Wild Mushroom Sauce and Potato Wedges
- 90 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (24 oz.) Porterhouse Steaks4 (24 oz.) Porterhouse Steaks 1642WZC
Now Only $155.00
- 4 Omaha Steaks Porterhouse Steaks
- 1 cup piquant tomato salsa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large unpeeled baking potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup sliced smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced chanterelles or other wild mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup scallions cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh marjoram
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare the grill. (Or, alternatively, the steaks can be broiled or sautéed in a heavy pan or skillet using 1 tablespoon of hot olive oil or safflower oil; they will take approximately the same time to cook as they will on the grill.)
- Place the salsa in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. With the machine running, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until well blended. The mixture should be thin but not soupy. Transfer the salsa mixture to a large shallow dish and coat both sides of the steaks. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Cut the potato halves-length wise into 3 triangular wedges. Place the wedges in a mixing bowl and toss with the oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer the potatoes to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until golden brown and tender.
- To prepare the mushroom sauce, heat the stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to 1 cup. Place the bacon in a sauté pan and cook over medium heat until almost crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in the same sauté pan. Add the garlic and mushrooms to the hot pan and sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and the garlic is lightly golden. Add the scallions and sauté 1 minute longer. Add the reduced stock and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in the cooked bacon, marjoram, and Worcestershire sauce, and remove from the heat.
- Transfer the steaks from the salsa to the hot grill. Grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare or 8 to 9 minutes per side for medium. The steaks should have a caramelized and roasty tomato smell when cooking.
- To serve, spoon the liquid from the mushroom sauce onto each serving plate and arrange the vegetables from the sauce on one side of the plate. Place a steak over the sauce, lay the potatoes next to the steak and vegetables, and serve immediately.
"Omaha Steaks", "Omaha Steaks Private Reserve", "Private Reserve" and "Triple-Trimmed" are trademarks owned by Omaha Steaks International, Inc. and may not be used without permission. © 2000-2016, OmahaSteaks.com, Inc. All rights reserved. v19.2.3