- Prepare Jim Beam Black® Bourbon Onions ahead of time.
- Trim a thin slice off of the top and bottom off the ciabatta bun to create a flat surface area. Then slice each bun in half horizontally.
- Lightly spread mayonnaise on the outside of the ciabatta bun to enhance browning.
- Place bun, with mayonnaise side down, on grill or in pan. Top each bun half with brie cheese slices to toast bun and melt cheese.
- Grill, broil or pan-fry burger until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Top burger with the caramelized onions. Place burgers on one side of the toasted buns then top with remaining bun.
- Cut in half and serve with hot beef au jus for dipping.
*For simple au jus, mix 1 bouillon cube with 2 cups of boiling water.
Jim Beam Black® Bourbon Onions:
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add butter and brown slightly.
- Add sliced onions and cook while stirring for about 10 minutes or until onions just begin to caramelize.
- Add Brown Sugar, Salt and Pepper. Stir well and continue cooking.
- When onions are caramelized, add the Beef Au Jus and Jim Beam Black® Bourbon
- Cook until onions have a nice brown color.
- Remove from heat and reserve.