30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
- 4 ea. 7 oz. Omaha Steaks Ribeye Steaks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet onions, such as Vidalia, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 slices rustic country-style bread; 4 individual crusty rolls; or 1 French-style baguette, 2 feet long, cut crosswise into 4 pieces each 6 inches long
- 2 to 3 packed cups watercress tops and leaves (about 1 bunch)
- Place the mustard, honey, vinegar, ginger, pepper flakes, salt, and paprika in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir until well blended and thickened.
- Set aside.
- Prepare the grill.
- To prepare the onions, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the onions, salt and sugar.
- Saute over medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add the vinegar, stir to deglaze the pan, and remove from the heat.
- Set aside.
- To prepare the steaks, season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare or about 5 minutes per side for medium.
- To assemble the sandwiches, lightly toast the bread slices on the grill or under the broiler. (If using French bread or rolls, cut in half first.)
- Spread 4 slices of bread (or the bottom half of each roll) with 1 to 1-1/2 tablespoons of the mustard.
- Add the steaks, cover with the caramelized onions, and top with the watercress.
- Close the sandwiches and serve.