Garlic & Chile-Stabbed T-Bone Steaks with Grilled Corn Relish
- 45 minPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (18 oz.) T-Bone Steaks4 (18 oz.) T-Bone Steaks 1633WZA
Reg. $154.00 I Now Only $104.99
- 4 Omaha Steaks T-bone Steaks
- 6 cloves garlic cut lengthwise into thick slivers about 3/8 inch long
- 1 Serrano chile, seeded and cut lengthwise into thick slivers about 3/8 inch long
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes (pack in oil)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice (the juice of one half of a large lime)
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon minced marjoram
- Salt, to taste
- To prepare the relish, roast the bell pepper on the grill and let steam. When cool, peel, seed, and dice the pepper, and place in a mixing bowl. While the pepper is cooling, brush the corn with 2 tablespoons of the oil and grill over indirect medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning frequently, until lightly browned on all sides. Remove and, when cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cobs and add to the mixing bowl. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet and sauté the onion over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft. Add the sautéed onions, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, lime juice, vinegar, and marjoram. Season with salt, and toss to combine.
- Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, make incisions in the steaks about 1/2 inch deep. Insert the garlic and Serrano slivers into the incisions, making sure they are embedded beneath the surface of the steaks. Season with salt and pepper and bring the steaks to room temperature. Grill over direct medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare, 7 to 8 minutes for medium, or to the desired doneness. Serve with the relish.
Sign up for...
Omaha Steaks Emails
new products, unique daily deals and so much more!