30 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
Tenderloin Steaks and Peppercorn Sauce:
- 4 Omaha Steaks Filet Mignons
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 14-ounce can fat-free, no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dry red wine (regular or nonalcoholic)
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- Put the cornstarch into a cup. Add the water, stirring to dissolve.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the cornstarch mixture and the broth.
- Bring to a broil over high heat; cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bay leaf and thyme.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the sauce is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Stir in the wine and peppercorns.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.