30 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
- 1 lb. Omaha Steaks Beef Sirloin Tips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 12 pieces
- 1/2 cup fig preserves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
- Soak four 10-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
- Alternately thread beef and onion sections evenly onto skewers. Set aside
- Combine preserves, vinegar, oil, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in small bowl; reserve 1/4 cup for dipping. Brush kabobs with some of remaining sauce.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning and basting with sauce every 2 minutes.
- Season kabobs with salt, as desired. Serve with reserved sauce for dipping.