45 minPrep Time
135 minCook Time
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons pecans, finely ground
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cookie crumbs, Oreo
- 3 ounces butter, softened
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 3 each eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon amaretto
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine Graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, brown sugar, Oreo cookie crumbs, and butter in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- In a greased 10" spring pan pack crust in the bottom.
- Bake at 350° - 375° for about 15 minutes.
- In a mixer beat cream cheese on high until very soft and creamy.
- Then add sugar and beat on high for 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add vanilla extract, almond extract and amaretto.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, after each is almost mixed in. (It is very important not to over mix the cheese once the eggs have been added)
- Add orange juice and when almost mixed, turn off mixer.
Assembly and Cooking:
- Over a double boiler, melt chocolate until smooth.
- Slowly add in cream and mix and continue to heat until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour filling into spring pan on crust.
- Ladle the chocolate Ganache on top in a circle.
- Draw a knife through the chocolate a couple of time to create a swirling effect.
- Bake at 275° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours until cheesecake tests done.
- Let cheesecake setup overnight in fridge before slicing and serving.