Get 4 FREE STEAKS on every shipment of $99 or more. Click for details
Chili Garlic Crusted Strip Loin Steaks Topped with a Romesco Sauce
- 1 hrPrep Time
- 15 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (12 oz.) Boneless Strips4 (12 oz.) Boneless Strips 426WZH
Reg. $132.00 | Now Only $79.99
- 4 ea. 12 oz Omaha Steaks Boneless Strip Steaks, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic olive oil
- 4 tsp. roasted garlic puréed
- 2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 recipe Romesco Sauce
- 4 cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish
- 4 orange slices, for garnish
- 3 large red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. roasted garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tsp. lime juice, fresh
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Roast the garlic in the olive oil then mince the garlic and reserve the oil.
- Brush both sides of steaks with the roasted garlic olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine ancho chili powder, sugar, and kosher salt. Dividing the seasoning mixture among the steaks, sprinkle seasoning on both sides of each steak.
- Rub 1 teaspoon of roasted garlic on one side of each steak; spreading as evenly as possible.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of roasted garlic olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat until very hot or about 3 minutes.
- Carefully place the steaks in the hot pan with the garlic side down.
- For medium rare steaks cook for about 6 to 7 minutes on the first side, flip and continue cooking about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place cooked steaks on clean serving plates. Spoon the Romesco Sauce over the steak. Garnish with a cilantro sprig, orange slices and toasted pine nuts.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ancho chiles; fry until darkened and slightly puffed, turning once about 30 seconds.
- Transfer to small bowl. Add enough hot water to cover.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine grape tomatoes, onions and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place mixture on a foil lined baking pan.
- Place pan in broiler for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Drain the chiles, and place chiles, tomatoes, onions and remaining ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Serve sauce over steaks at room temperature or cold.