15 minPrep Time
75 minCook Time
- 2-1/2 lbs. Omaha Steaks Chicken Breast, 1/2" Dice
- 1 oz olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. roasted garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dark chile powder
- 1/4 cup ancho chile powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes in juice
- 3 Tbsp. basil fresh, chopped
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 18 oz. chopped green chiles, canned
- 1 lb. petite navy beans cooked or 34 oz., cooked weight
- 1/4 cup fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- Cook navy beans using directions on package.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottom, round pot or the braiser if making a large batch.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent.
- Turn the flame down all the way until low, add chili powder and cumin and sauté about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast another 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the diced tomatoes, basil, green chiles and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked white beans and bring back to a boil.
- Add the sea salt and brown sugar.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from pot and cool.