20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
6 to 8Servings
- 1 Tbsp. canola Oil
- 2 cups white onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp. chipotle base
- 4 cups tomato, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 ea. Omaha Steaks Chicken Breasts, cooked and sliced
- 3 cups tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onions until soft.
- Add chipotle and tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add cilantro, chicken broth, tomato paste, sea salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from stove.
- Add fresh lime juice. Let cool and puree in blender.
- Place in sauce pot with sliced chicken breast and bring back to a boil.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top each with some crushed tortilla chips, grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.