Your Holiday Shopping just got easier... FREE SHIPPING on selected combos! Click for details
Carnita Con Chile
- 30 minPrep Time
- 10 minCook Time
Featured Omaha Steaks Product:
4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks4 (7 oz.) Flat Iron Steaks 1582WZA
Reg. $77.99 I Now Only $39.99
- 2 Omaha Steaks Flat Iron Steaks
- 12 ounces tomatillos, husks and stems removed
- 3 or 4 dried chiles de árbol, stems, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Flour tortillas (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Place tomatillos and chiles in medium saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cook 5 to 8 minutes or until tomatillos are just tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- Place tomatillo mixture, 1/4 cup cilantro and garlic in food processor or blender container. Cover; process until finely chopped, but not pureed. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- Meanwhile press 1/4 teaspoon black pepper evenly onto flat iron steaks. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook 13 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks across the grain into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Spoon tomatillo sauce over steak. Serve in flour tortillas, if desired. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Recipe and Photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff